Re: Suber's refutation of universities paying more for OA

Interestingly, the National Health Service in England appears
  (http://dev.library.nhs.uk/nlhdocs/Guidance_note_1.doc -
see paragraph headed 'Journal Articles') to be suggesting that medical
staff can readily substitute reading and copying these and similar
journals in place of those for which they actually have to pay...

The contents of many journals are now freely available on the Web.
A list of over 300 freely available full text journals health journals
is available from http://www.doaj.org/. In addition the NHS in England
subscribes to around 1000 electronic versions of full text journals.
These are available to anyone with an Athens password. NHS library staff
can advise. A list of these journals is available from
http://www.library.nhs.uk/
Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK
Tel:  +44 (0)1903 871 686
Fax:  +44 (0)1903 871 457
Email:  sally.morris@alpsp.org