Blackwell Publishing and Le Jacq Announce Strategic Partnership

Media Contacts:

Ginny Foley, Blackwell Publishing
Public Relations Manager
781-388-8334
vfoley@bos.blackwellpublishing.com

Blackwell Publishing and Le Jacq Announce Strategic Partnership

Alliance Strengthens Blackwell's Medical Outreach Program

Boston, MA-June 15, 2006-Blackwell Publishing and Le Jacq have
announced an exclusive long-term partnership aimed at developing
new medical educational products and enhancing the current Le
Jacq list of peer-reviewed journals, clinical trial review books,
Continuing Medical Education projects, and web-based
initiatives.

The Connecticut-based medical publishing house will become a
significant component in Blackwell's independent medical
educational portfolio, which includes Blackwell Futura Media
Services, an ACCM-accredited conference organization and CME
project company that Blackwell acquired in 2002.

"No medical publisher other than Blackwell Publishing could
enhance our success and ability to develop innovative clinical
outreach products and solutions for the medical community in
conjunction with professional medical societies' mission to
educate the clinician," stated T. Anthony Howell, President, Le
Jacq. "We look forward to our long-term collaboration that will
add value to both the Blackwell medical publishing portfolio and
in our offerings to our collective clients, authors, physicians
and patients alike." Mr. Howell will continue to serve as
President of Le Jacq.

Each year, Blackwell publishes over 100 books and 350 journals in
medicine, biomedicine and allied health.  Under the agreement,
Blackwell will publish Le Jacq's eight peer-reviewed clinical
journals and its collection of medical books, including the
successful Trial Review Book Series. Eugene Simonoff &
Associates, Inc. acted as advisor to Blackwell in the
negotiations with Le Jacq.

"The alliance with Le Jacq further enhances our ability to
provide medical outreach products and services to Blackwell's
society partners, as well as fulfill our own global educational
mission in relation to cutting-edge medicine," said Nigel
Fletcher-Jones, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Publishing
Director, Blackwell Publishing.

About Blackwell Publishing

Blackwell Publishing is the world's leading society publisher,
partnering with 665 medical, academic, and professional
societies. Blackwell publishes over 800 journals and has over
6,000 books in print. The company remains independent with over
1,000 staff members in offices in the US, UK, Australia, China,
Singapore, Denmark, Germany, and Japan. Blackwell's mission as an
expert publisher is to create long-term partnerships with our
clients that enhance learning, disseminate research, and improve
the quality of professional practice.  For more information on
Blackwell Publishing, please visit
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/> or
<http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/>

For more information about Le Jacq, visit www.lejacq.com