Re: Joyce estate copyright dispute

The newest issue of The New Yorker has a lengthy article on the Joyce
estate, the grandson of JJ who now controls it, and the lawsuit coming
from Stanford (where the attorney is Larry Lessig).  To characterize
without judging, the grandson regards scholarly investigation as at
best silly and at worst (and usually) an invasion of his family's
privacy.  The suit is for the to me unfamiliar claim of "abuse of
copyright".  The article is partisan but informative.

Jim O'Donnell
Georgetown U.