Re: Spider Activity Reports from Blackwell Synergy

We had a rash of problems a couple of months ago with Blackwell, but it all stemmed from our proxy IP. Once we gave them our proxy IP address the problems stopped.

Blackwell's seems to have a low threshold and provided very little data as to what was being downloaded or what their threshold was. Their customer support was helpful at least and always turned our access back on quickly. Oddly, they never seemed to require much in the way of follow up on our part.

Regards,
Don

Donald Taylor
Electronic Resources Librarian email: dstaylor@sfu.ca
Simon Fraser University Library ph: 604-291-4930
8888 University Drive fax: 604-291-3023
Burnaby, BC, Canada V5A 1S6