Chicago Press Introduces Unprecedented Access with ENTERPRISE-WIDE LICENSES

With apologies for cross-posting.

For Immediate Release: May 18, 2006

The University of Chicago Press Introduces Unprecedented Access
with ENTERPRISE-WIDE LICENSES

The University of Chicago Press is delighted to announce an
unprecedented level of access to its respected scholarly journals
with ENTERPRISE-WIDE LICENSES, available to institutional and
corporate subscribers in 2007. The ENTERPRISE-WIDE service
provides all users of a subscribing organization with seamless,
unfettered access to the prestigious research published by the
University of Chicago Press.

With an ENTERPRISE-WIDE LICENSE, subscribers will be able to
provide unlimited electronic access without geographic
restrictions and with a single administrative account to every
member of their organization. Not only will Chicago journal
readers have easy online access to the authoritative research
published by the University of Chicago Press
(www.journals.uchicago.edu), they will also have access to
additional content not available in the print copy, including
expanded methods, data sets, and photo slide shows.

"The University of Chicago Press was one of the first university
presses to provide electronic access to journal content. We are
now evolving to the next level of electronic publishing with the
introduction of ENTERPRISE-WIDE access," said Journals Division
Manager Nawin Gupta. "As an academic press, we are deeply
committed to the widest possible dissemination of the research we
publish. Removing restrictions will ensure that our distinguished
scholarship is accessible to an even wider audience."

The ENTERPRISE-WIDE LICENSE also allows the flexibility of tiered
pricing, so organizations with varying degrees of resources can
obtain access to the vital information contained in the
forty-three journals and four annuals published by the University
of Chicago Press.

The University of Chicago Press recognizes that institution type
and size vary greatly within our customer base. We encourage
customers to contact us or their subscription agent as soon as
possible for their institution's specific ENTERPRISE-WIDE
pricing.

The University of Chicago Press continues to offer free online
access to our medical and social-science journals to local,
not-for-profit organizations in developing countries, through our
partnerships with the World Health Organization in the Health
InterResearch Access Initiative (HINARI) and the United Nations'
Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA) programs.

Founded in 1891, the University of Chicago Press is the largest
American university press. The Journals Division currently
publishes forty-seven award-winning periodicals and serials in a
wide range of disciplines, including several journals that were
the first scholarly publications in their respective fields.
Online since 1995, the Journals Division has also been a pioneer
in electronic publishing, delivering original, peer-reviewed
research from international scholars to a worldwide audience.

##

Contact:
The University of Chicago Press
Journals Division
P.O. Box 37005
Chicago, IL 60637

Telephone:
(773) 753-3347 or toll-free in U.S. and Canada (877) 705-1878

Fax:
(773) 753-0811 or toll-free in U.S. and Canada (877) 705-1879

E-mail: