WSJ: NEJM Misses Vioxx Warning Signs

I am writing an article an article concerning today's story in
the WSJ, "Bitter Pill: How the New England Journal Missed Warning
Signs on Vioxx." I would like to get input/reactions from STM
societies/publishers as soon as possible. Please feel free to
e-mail me privately if you do not want your posts stated
publicly. I am deadline, so I would appreciate responses as soon
as possible, thanks.

The article reports some very troubling news, alleging that the
"medical weekly waited years to report flaws in article that
praised pain drug." In a summary, a blog on the Pharma Marketing
News Web site stated:  We were hoodwinked!

http://pharmamkting.blogspot.com/2006/05/we-were-hoodwinked.html

michele_masterson@simbanet.com
Michele Masterson
Editor/Analyst