More on wikis

My thanks to the many people who made comments to me offline concerning my friend and colleague's project to create a university-sponsored alternative to the Wikipedia. We are gathering these comments and others together, which we will summarize as soon as we have the permission of the university in question to release its name.

In the meantime, I would like to mention another wiki-inspired project, which is designed to be publisher-sponsored. It is captured in an early draft of a white paper I wrote entitled "The Platform Book." The text of the paper is available at the Processed Book Project site: http://prosaix.com/pbos (click on "library" and then on "The Platform Book"). Comments would be very much appreciated. You can send them to me offline, or (much preferred) you can make them directly on the paper by using the Processed Book annotation tools.

Thank you.

Joe Esposito