Re: OA icon

By all means do this, but make sure it is proprietary, otherwise you can't
protect it.  The "proprietor" can be a not-for-profit organization, which
commits to specific uses of the logo and enforces them.  Intellectual
property is in itself neither a good nor a bad thing.  Its use, or the
restrictions on its use, is another matter.

Joe Esposito