Re: Geology Journal Cites U.S. Policy in Rejecting 2 Papers Tied to Iran

Can someone explain why receiving information from a government makes
someone a member of that government?

The fact that I get a tourist brochure from the United Kingdom
government tourism bureau doesn't make me an employee (or
citizen) of the UK.  Although, with rulings like this, that is
beginning to look better and better.