Chicago Journals adds online newsroom to Web site

With apologies for cross-posting.

For Immediate Release: April 10, 2006
Contact: Suzanne Wu / 773-834-0386 / swu@press.uchicago.edu

Chicago Journals adds online newsroom to Web site

The University of Chicago Press Journals Division continues to
expand its Web-only services with the addition of an online
newsroom, launched this week. Freely available to the public,
this important service provides improved accessibility,
transparency, and communication with our readers and subscribers,
as well as members of the working press. Please visit
www.journals.uchicago.edu <http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/> for
more information.

A demonstration of the University of Chicago Press's commitment
to listening and responding to customer needs, the continually
updated newsroom will feature breaking news about the University
of Chicago Press and the journals it publishes. Visitors to the
Web site will be privy to the latest developments at the
University of Chicago Press. Highlights of groundbreaking
research from the University of Chicago Press's prestigious
journals will also be made available, in many cases in advance of
both electronic and print publication.

For Publications Manager Kari Roane, the newly launched newsroom
encapsulates the ideals at the heart of the University of Chicago
Press Journals brand:

"As part of the largest University Press in the United States, we
are devoted to ensuring that the highest quality scholarship
reaches the widest possible audience.

"Accessibility is a key component of our ongoing efforts to
improve the Journals Division Web site. We are delighted to open
another communications channel, providing our range of users with
more ways to explore the information they need."

The University of Chicago Press was established in 1891, making
it one of the oldest continuously operating university presses in
the United States. The Journals Division currently publishes
forty-three leading journals and five annuals in the fields of
social sciences, humanities, biological and medical sciences, and
the physical sciences.

--
Suzanne Wu
Public Relations Coordinator