SAGE Announces New Journal Sales Director

***Apologies for cross posting***

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
David Horwitz
Vice President of Sales
SAGE Publications, Inc.
david.horwitz@sagepub.com

SAGE ANNOUNCES NEW JOURNAL SALES DIRECTOR

Thousand Oaks, California, and London, United Kingdom (April 6,
2006) - In order to promote new journal offerings to be released
in the near future and to substantially increase its interactions
with consortia, SAGE Publications is pleased to announce that it
has hired Mark Kendall as Journal Sales Director.

Mark comes to SAGE after ten years as National Sales Director for
YBP Library Services, the leading provider of collection
management and technical services to scholarly libraries. Before
that, he was Vice President of Library Services for Ingenta,
Director of Sales for Warren Gorham and Lamont Publishing and New
England representative for the Bureau of National Affairs. He is
also currently active in ALA's Association for Library
Collections & Technical Services and leads various local
nonprofit organizations.

In his new position, Mark will be responsible for representing
SAGE journals to scholarly libraries and consortia in North
America, including the company's new consortia offering, SAGE
Premier, which offers access to nearly 400 journals and 100,000
full-text articles from leading international peer-reviewed
titles. Mark will also be on hand to meet librarians at the
upcoming conferences for the Medical Library Association, Special
Libraries Association and the American Library Association.

"I'm delighted to join SAGE at this exciting time in its proud 40
year history," says Kendall about the position. SAGE's reputation
for providing outstanding scholarly content and its continued
commitment to serving the evolving information needs of libraries
and consortia were influential factors in my decision to join the
company.  I'm pleased to be part of an organization committed to
delivering timely and innovative content in both a human and
collaborative manner that meets the needs of researchers,
authors, and, most importantly, society at large."

"We've always enjoyed a very strong partnership with CSA, our
contracted sales agent and technology partner," said David
Horwitz, SAGE's Vice President of Sales. "When we decided to
bolster this sales effort by creating an internal team to assist
the CSA sales force, we were thrilled that Mark was available to
spearhead the objective. His strong leadership skills and
long-term relationships with libraries and consortia will be an
enormous help to SAGE and our customers."

About SAGE:

SAGE Publications is a leading international publisher of
journals, books, and electronic media for academic, educational,
and professional markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and
educate a global community of scholars, practitioners,
researchers, and students. SAGE Publications, a privately owned
corporation, has principal offices in Thousand Oaks, California,
and in London, United Kingdom. www.sagepublications.com

Sign up for the SAGE Librarian Newsletter at
http://www.sagepub.com/libnews

Valerie Johns
Senior Marketing Manager

SAGE Publications