Sent: 31 March 2006 02:47
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Re: Open Access Advantage (or Not!)

Jan,

Your opening paragraph leads me to believe that there is an ideal
study that will put to rest whether providing free issues in a
traditional fee-based journal leads to 1) higher downloads and 2)
more citations.  Can you provide more details on which publishers
you mean?  If provided with the data, I would be happy to take
this research on for the benefit of publishers, librarians and
the public.  Questions like this deserve to go beyond mere
speculation.

--Phil Davis