Re: Open Access Advantage (or Not!)

Jan,

Your opening paragraph leads me to believe that there is an ideal study that will put to rest whether providing free issues in a traditional fee-based journal leads to 1) higher downloads and 2) more citations. Can you provide more details on which publishers you mean? If provided with the data, I would be happy to take this research on for the benefit of publishers, librarians and the public. Questions like this deserve to go beyond mere speculation.

--Phil Davis