News Release: Blackwell Expands Publishing Partnership with the Institute of Food Technologists

Boston, Massachusetts, March 27, 2006-Blackwell Publishing, the
world's largest society publisher, is pleased to announce that it
has expanded its publishing partnership with the Institute of
Food Technologists (IFT). Blackwell will provide publishing
services for IFT's esteemed journal, Journal of Food Science,
effective May 2006.

As part of the new agreement, Blackwell will also partner with
IFT to publish two online-only journals, Comprehensive Reviews in
Food Science and Food Safety and the Journal of Food Science
Education.

This new journal publishing partnership builds on the success of
IFT Press, a publishing collaboration between Blackwell and IFT.
Since 2001, IFT Press books have served as essential textbooks
for academic programs and as primary resource handbooks for food
scientists and related agriculture professionals worldwide.

"Our book publishing experience with Blackwell has been very
positive and we expect similar synergies as we work with them on
our journal program," said Roy Hlavacek, Vice President of
Communications, IFT. "Blackwell's expertise and technology will
ensure the journals' continued improvement and enable them to
better meet the specialized needs of our readers."

Published nine times a year, each peer-reviewed issue of the
Journal of Food Science includes original research and scientific
reviews on the latest developments in the field of food science.
It publishes more than 500 papers a year and has more than 4,000
subscribers, including scientists, researchers, and other food
professionals.

"We are thrilled with the opportunity to expand our publishing
partnership with IFT," said Gordon Tibbitts, President, Blackwell
Publishing Inc. "Blackwell is well equipped to help IFT develop
strategies that will broaden the reach of their journals and
increase overall readership." The addition of these three
journals strengthens Blackwell's leading position in food
science. Last year alone, Blackwell published 33 journals and 16
books related to food science and nutrition.

Members of IFT will continue to have the opportunity to receive
the print edition or electronic version of the Journal of Food
Science at a special rate as a benefit of membership. The online
journals are currently free of charge to both members and
non-members. JFS will also be accessible through Blackwell's
online journal platform, Synergy <http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/>.

Features will include extensive reference linking to and from
major abstracting and indexing services as well as options to
sign up for e-mail alerts and more.

About IFT

Founded in 1939, and with world headquarters in Chicago,
Illinois, the Institute of Food Technologists is a not-for-profit
international scientific society with 22,000 members working in
food science, technology and related professions in industry,
academia and government. As the society for food science and
technology, IFT brings sound science to the public discussion of
food issues. For more on IFT, see <http://www.ift.org/>.

About Blackwell Publishing

Blackwell Publishing is the world's leading society publisher,
partnering with 665 academic and professional societies.
Blackwell publishes over 800 journals and, to date, has published
close to 6,000 books, across a wide range of academic, medical,
and professional subjects. The company remains independent with
925 staff members in offices in the US, UK, Australia, China,
Denmark, Singapore, Germany, and Japan. Blackwell's mission as an
expert publisher is to create long-term partnerships with clients
to enhance learning, disseminate research, and improve the
quality of professional practice. For more information on
Blackwell Publishing, please visit
<http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/> or
<http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/> .

####