SAGE Enhances Medical Portfolio Wiith Acquisition of Westminster Publications Journals

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact:
Elena Nikitina
Director of Journals Marketing
SAGE Publications, Inc.
elena.nikitina@sagepub.com

SAGE Enhances Medical Portfolio With Acquisition of Westminster
Publications Journals

Thousand Oaks, California and London, United Kingdom (March 6,
2006) - SAGE Publications is pleased to announce it has acquired
ten medical journals from longstanding medical publisher,
Westminster Publications. This acquisition adds renowned titles
in the fields of angiology, pediatrics, and vascular surgery to
SAGE's growing list of quality journals in medicine.

SAGE will publish the following titles beginning in April:

 		* Angiology: The Journal of Vascular Diseases
 		* Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis
 		* Clinical Pediatrics
 		* International Journal of Surgical Pathology
 		* Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology and
 		  Therapeutics
 		* Perspectives in Vascular Surgery and Endovascular
 		  Therapy
 		* Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia
 		* Surgical Innovation
 		* Trends in Amplification
 		* Vascular and Endovascular Surgery

"Many of these journals have prestigious society affiliations,
including the American Society of Angiology, the International
Academy of Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis, the
Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, and the Peripheral
Vascular Surgery Society," commented Liz Haigh, SAGE's Executive
Publisher for Society Relations. "We look forward to working with
these societies, and offering their members excellent customer
service and superior online access as we do for our many other
association partners."

Each journal will be available electronically via SAGE Journals
Online beginning April 7, 2006. Please visit
<http://online.sagepub.com/> on or after this date to locate each
journal's new web site. Unlimited free full-text access to each
journal will be available until May 15, 2006 which will give
users the opportunity to familiarize themselves with these key
publications and their online features and functionality.

As previously offered, institutional subscriptions will continue
to include Combined (Print and E-access), E-access, or Print Only
options. In addition to SAGE Journals Online, the journals are
also available electronically via OVID and EBSCO. Institutions
with questions or concerns should contact SAGE Journals Customer
Service via telephone at (800) 818-7243 or by e-mail at
journals@sagepub.com
<http://by105fd.bay105.hotmail.msn.com/WINDOWS/Temporary%20Internet%20Fi
les/OLKA0F3/journals@sagepub.com> .

"We're pleased to add these premier publications to our expanding
collection of medical journals," commented Blaise Simqu,
President and CEO of SAGE Publications, Inc. "These ten titles
will definitely complement our medical portfolio which already
includes such leading titles as The American Journal of Sports
Medicine, The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, and The Diabetes
Educator."

About SAGE

SAGE Publications <http://www.sagepublications.com/> is a leading
international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media
for scholarly, educational, and professional markets. Since 1965,
SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of
scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students. Sign up for
the SAGE Librarian Newsletter at www.sagepub.com/libnews.

###

Valerie Johns
Senior Marketing Manager