RE: EPA Set to Close Library Network and Electronic Catalog [PMC and digital preservation thread]

We worry for two good reasons, and I think it is not only
libraries who should worry:

First, it is unwise to trust any single method. Present day
analysis is inherently unable to predict all future conditions.

Second, it is unwise to trust any agency of a single government.
(Even a government not known for its removal of published
material may later change. )

A possible third, which I personally do not consider reasonable,
is that some do not trust the NIH in particular.  Those for whom
this is the important objection should say so.

There may also be some who do not trust the NIH method because of
technical considerations. I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to
judge.

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University