Call for Paper and Poster Sessions for ELUNA (Metalib/SFX)

I apologize for any cross-posting. A call for presntation and=
poster sessions can be be found at
http://www.elu-na.org/el2006mlpapers.asp or see below:

The ELUNA 2006 Planning Group for SFX and Metalib invites
presentation and poster session proposals for the first annual
ELUNA Meeting. The meeting will be hosted by the University of
Tennessee at the Knoxville Convention Center, beginning on the
evening of Sunday, June 4th and ending at midday on Wednesday,
June 7th.

Breakout Sessions:

Breakout sessions will be either 60 or 90 minutes in length; we
would ask that your proposal indicate which time slot you would
prefer, making sure to include time for questions and discussion
with the audience. We will also be accepting proposals for 15
minute panel participation, highlighting one or two innovative
uses of SFX or MetaLib at your library.

Poster Sessions:

We will also consider proposals for poster sessions which will be
displayed throughout the meeting with specific times allocated
for discussion with the presenters.

Topics:

User presentations offer a great opportunity to exchange ideas
with your colleagues. They could address any topic of interest to
the SFX / MetaLib user communities including:

SFX and/or MetaLib
-- Integration of SFX and MetaLib into the information literacy
    program, tutorials, user education, etc.
-- Statistics and reports
-- Usability testing, methods and results

SFX
-- A-Z list
-- Menu design
-- Uses other than full-text linking
-- MARCit service
-- Using the API
-- Integration with the library catalog

MetaLib
-- Planning for implementation / personnel issues
-- Realities and pitfalls of metasearching / Quick Search vs.
    Metasearch
-- Resource discovery / use of subject categories sub-categories
-- Integration with course management systems, campus portals
-- Use of the X-server
-- Use of the MetaIndex functionality
-- Personalization / the e-shelf

How to Submit a Proposal:

Proposals should include the following:
1. Name, institutional affiliation, position title, and contact
    information of presenter(s).
2. Descriptive title of presentation.
3. Abstract and/or brief outline of presentation. Note: If your
    proposal is accepted, we will contact you for a brief abstract
    (50 words or less) to be included in program.
4. Format of session (60 or 90 minute presentation, 15 minute panel
    participation, poster session).
5. Intended audience and level of expertise.
6. Current version of SFX and/or MetaLib.
7. Name of ILS and version.
8. Technical requirements. Please be sure to specify all A/V equipment,
    hardware, and software you will need.

We hope that you will be willing to share your SFX and MetaLib
experiences with other users. Please email your proposal to
Maribeth Manoff, University of Tennessee, mmanoff@utk.edu, no
later than Monday, February 27, 2006.

Clara Ruttenberg
Electronic Resources & Systems Librarian
Gelman Library, George Washington University
2130 H St. NW,Washington, DC 20052
(202)994-1360

---2071850956-1261964598-1139976068=:21374--