'Governing law in license agreements' - summary and Thanks!

Colleagues,

I want to send a big THANK YOU to all of you who contributed your
expertise in answering my question re: governing law in license
agreements. I would like to report that all answers were
consistent in basically recommending that:

1. The wording in such clause should always make sure that our
state's legislation prevails, OR

2. To leave this type of clause completely out of the agreement
('silent').

I received about twenty replies, which gave me the perspective I
was looking for. Some answers were sent directly to my email
address, others were posted to the list. Many of you gave me
specific examples and brief case studies. I also received
information about the ARL workshop on licensing. I agree with
many of you who pointed out that most suppliers are always open
to negotiating the terms of an agreement. Thank you for taking
the time to share your knowledge and experience.

Rogelio Hinojosa, MLS, MSc.
Associate Librarian
Acquisitions/Serials
Texas A&M International University