RE: "Governing law" in license agreements

No, you can *try* to negotiate this.  We do deal with one vendor
who would not change nor remove their governing law statement,
though they were reasonable in all of the other changes we wanted
to make.

They did tell us that if we had been a public institution that
was "legally prohibited from submitting to the jurisdiction of
another state" (quote from Rick Anderson), they would have
removed the paragraph, though.

Heather Cannon
Serials & Electronic Collections Librarian
Loyola University Health Sciences Library
708-216-5302
hcannon@lumc.edu

>>> bolton@msoe.edu 2/7/2006 5:48 PM >>>
Hi Rogelio,

According to a licensing class I took, you can negotiate this,
like any other license feature.

Karen Bolton
Serials Librarian
bolton@msoe.edu