RE: Does More Mean More?

Agree with Steve. Particularly in the field of health sciences,
researchers who are doing systematic reviews or meta-analyses of
the literature would want access to *all* available information,
not just the subset that particular journals have filtered out
for them. The resercher's own filtering criteria can be specified
in the queries they put to PubMed or other databases. The
challenge is in making indexing of the literature sufficiently
sophisticated so it can support the sorts of queries that users
will want to run.

Best, Emma

Emma Veitch, PhD
Publications Manager, PLoS Clinical Trials
Public Library of Science
7 Portugal Place, Cambridge, CB5 8AF, UK
eveitch@plos.org
01223 463 343