RE: "Governing law" in license agreements

At my institution (and I think this is true for most, if not all,
public colleges and universities) we're legally prohibited from
submitting to the jurisdiction of another state.  If a license
contains a "governing law" clause such as you describe below, we
always insist that it be changed to read "Nevada" or that it be
taken out entirely.  We're happy to go either way, though there
are some who feel strongly that it's important to leave the
clause in place with your own jurisdiction specified.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries