Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 10:34 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: "Governing law" in license agreements

Can you share your approach to clauses regarding "governing law"
or jurisdiction in license agreements you have in place with
database suppliers? It seems that in most cases a standard
license agreement identifies that the governing law is that of
the state where the vendor is located. Do you usually accept this
provision as presented? Or do you ask vendors to make changes to
this type of clause? And if so, what type of changes do you
request in this regard?

Thank you in advance for your input,

Rogelio Hinojosa
Acquisitions/Serials