ARTstor license agreement indemnification clause

Hi,

     Has anyone successfully removed the indemnification clause
from ARTstor?

     I have always been successful in doing this until I deal with
ARTstor.  Here is part of ARTstor's indemnification clause:

"ARTstor shall in no way be liable, and Licensee agrees that it
shall not hold ARTstor liable, for any loss, injury, claim,
liability, damages, costs, and/or attorneys fees for any and all
violations and/or breaches of this Agreement by Licensee, its
agents, employees, officers, directors, and/or breaches of the
Terms and Conditions of Use by its Authorized Users, and/or any
and all uses by Licensee, its agents, employees, officers,
directors, and/or its Authorized Users that are unauthorized
and/or exceed this Agreement or the Terms and Conditions of Use."

     ARTstor has refused my request to remove the above from
Section 12.4, p.8 of the standard license agreement posted at
http://www.artstor.org/info/participation_info/LicenseAgreement_ARTstor_
Trial.pdf.

---

Xiaotian Chen