Reminder: Historical Statistics of the United States now Online!

Just a reminder...

If you are planning to attend the ALA, we at Cambridge University Press
(booth #360) would like to invite you to our demo of the Historical
Statistics of the United States: Millennial Edition Online, the standard
source for the quantitative facts of American history.

Many of you may remember the two volume edition last updated in 1975. The
fully revised print edition has now been expanded to five volumes,
including new sections on American Indians, slavery, poverty, race and
ethnicity. This massive compendium of data will now also be available
online as a one-time purchase:
http://www.cambridge.org/us/americanhistory/hsus/online.htm

  This electronic version will allow users to:

* Download tables in Excel or CSV; also download entire groups of tables
as a zip file

* Perform advanced searches of the tables, their documentation, and
essays

* View tables in PDF or HTML format

* Create custom tables; merge columns from multiple tables to create
custom tables, which can also be downloaded, printed, or graphed.

* Email a table or essay to a colleague

Please make a note in your calendars to stop by:

Sheraton Gunter - Baker Rm.