Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:41 PM
To: Steve Hitchcock; Mcsean, Tony (ELS)", liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Elsevier and Portico Sign Archive Partnership

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your good wishes.

The financial details are confidential, for reasons I'm sure you will
understand.

The agreement with Portico is in parallel to our agreement with the Royal
Dutch Library.  It has been an important part of our archiving strategy to
maximise relience and part of this is achieved by having parallel
strategies in place.  We also, of course, have very thorough internal
archiving and back-up procedures in place.

Tony

Tony McSean
Director of Library Relations
Elsevier