Mirroring OA Content or Stealing it?

The Iranian Ministry of Science, Research & Technology seems to be active in what could be considered either mirroring or theft of free access journal content.

Take a look at http://journals.iranscience.net/ They have copied in their entirety copyrighted websites of a number of journals that provide free-access content. They do not respect robots.txt restrictions. They appear to encourage use of passwords to download non-free content. And then they serve it all up for the word to see!

I would be interested to hear how some of the copied web sites, such as Biomed Central , JAMA, or JBC feel about this "mirroring" of content, which I presume is not illegal in Iran.

Eric

--

Eric Hellman, President Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric@openly.com 2 Broad St., 2nd Floor