RE: Princeton/Stanford Working Papers Announcement

Perhaps the purpose is to enable scholarly communication - to let scholars
communicate with each other and maybe talk back and forth about the work
they are doing.

That was sort of the idea in the first place.

What's less clear to me in a field of this sort is whether this community
really needs formally published journals. Why not keep the pre-print
archives and dispense with the journals?

Margaret Landesman
Utah