RE: Ocean Science from EGU

Dear Peter

I am not in any way associated with the European Geosciences Union or
ocean studies, but:

The European Geosciences Union is a highly respected international
scientific society formed in 2002 as a merger of the European Geophysical
Society and the European Union of Geosciences.
(http://www.copernicus.org/EGU/EGU.html)  As such, it represents
approximately 60,000.

The societies that formed the EGU had 20 years' experience in scholarly
publishing, and their open access titles are proving very popular and are
listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals.  Ocean Science is a new
journal, having been launched this year, but is already attracting
high-quality articles.  Perhaps you should contact one of the Topical
Editors, many of whom are based in the US
(http://www.copernicus.org/EGU/os/editors.html).

Best wishes

David C Prosser PhD
Director