To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 6:32 AM
Subject: commercial crimes

US DoJ offers to jail copyright infringers: Attorney General floats
tough new law By Tony Smith, The Register, 11th November 2005
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/11/doj_floats_ippa/

"US Attorney General Alberto Gonzales has proposed tough new copyright
enforcement laws that would criminalise consumers simply for trying to
make unauthorised copies of music, movies and software, whether they are
successful or not."
*
Blog: Hollywood Demands New Piracy Laws
By Jon Newton, MP3 Newswire, 11/13/05
http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/5002/demand.html

"Microsoft, Apple and other owners of the BSA (Business Software
Alliance), together with the entertainment cartels, are demanding that
America's Cheney/Bush administration adds new commercial 'crimes' to US
law.

From: digital-copyright Digest 14 Nov 2005 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 568

Chuck Hamaker
Associate University Librarian Collections and Technical Services
Atkins Library
University of North Carolina Charlotte