Sale of ProQuest Assets

Not quite electronic stuff, but a major library vendor announcement of
some interest. Anyone know National Archive Publishing Company?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:45:52 -0400
From: "Gauvin, Rod" <Rod.Gauvin@il.proquest.com>
To: ann.okerson@yale.edu
Subject: Sale of ProQuest Assets

Dear Ann,

Sorry I missed you today.  I wanted to share some important ProQuest news
with you.  Today, we announced that we have sold the Periodicals in
Microform and XanEdu CoursePack businesses to National Archive Publishing
Company, a newly formed Ann Arbor-based firm.  Since news content is a
major focus area for ProQuest's planned growth, newspaper microform,
microform research collections, and dissertations will continue to be
owned by ProQuest. Terms of the sale included a provision for ProQuest to
contract with National Archive Publishing Company for the manufacturing
and distribution of microfilm/microform.

This move supports increased emphasis on news-based and digital reference
solutions for libraries and education institutions.  These businesses that
we are divesting, while healthy, require special focus and investment to
support their operation needs.  A privately held firm will maximize these
assets in a way that a publicly traded company, such as ProQuest, could
not.  National Archive Publishing Company has plans that will allow us to
transition this part of the business without disrupting customers, while
allowing us to focus on our core business.

We believe these divestitures will make ProQuest a stronger organization
and allows us to focus on important strategic initiatives we have
underway.  Our business should continue strongly without any adverse
affect.  If you have questions, or concerns, I encourage you to call me.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Rodrigue E. Gauvin
Sr. Vice President, Marketing and Publishing
ProQuest Information and Learning
300 North Zeeb Road
Ann Arbor, MI  48106
Phone:     734-975-6060