From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Carol Hoover
Sent: 20 October 2005 01:42
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Licensing for electronic resources

Please excuse duplicate postings.

The Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) Research Library is currently
undergoing an internal reorganization.  Similar to many libraries, we are
looking for ways to streamline processes and do more with the same or
fewer staff.  Toward this end we are focusing on one of our more labor
intensive processes--licensing of electronic resources.

We are interested in hearing from other organizations how/if you have been
able to minimize or even eliminate time and effort spent on e-licensing,
as we call it.  For example, has anyone been able to transfer all or parts
of this activity to another part of your parent organization or even
outside the parent organization altogether?  If so, how well/poorly did
this work for you?  Have you found other methods or tools that allow you
to better manage e-licensing?

I will be glad to summarize responses for the list.

Thanks for your help.

Carol Hoover
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Research Library