Book Chapter fees lowered at CrossRef

The October issue of the CrossRef Newsletter is now available:
http://www.crossref.org/01company/10newsletter.html

>From the October Issue:

2006 Fees - the board approved the recommendation from the Membership and
Fees Committee that there be no increase in any of the CrossRef fees for
2006 and that effective July 1, 2005, the price for a book chapter will be
lowered from $1 to $0.17.

N.B. I hope this means we will begin to see significant investment in
support for access to book chapters from external references!

Chuck Hamaker
Associate University Librarian Collections and Technical Services
Atkins Library
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28223
phone 704 687-2825