To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:05 AM
Subject: Re: Article downloads lower?

I know this has been said before (including by me to Fred) but in his
posting he speaks of publishers working with the academic community. Is
he really suggesting that he represents the academic community and that
publishers (often learned societies or partnering with learned
societies) are somehow on the other side of some fence? I can see no
justification for this claim.

Anthony Watkinson