Company of Biologists - 2006 prices and archive announcement

*apologies for cross posting*

The Company of Biologists is pleased to announce 2006 pricing for its
journals, Development, Journal of Cell Science and The Journal of
Experimental Biology at the following link:

The rationale behind 2006's pricing policy is set out in the following
letter to librarians and agents:

Typical licence terms and conditions for single site online access are set
out at:

And multi-site terms and conditions at the following:

The Company of Biologists also has an important announcement to make about
its archive digitisation programme:

Retroconversion of Company of Biologists journals - free archival access for
all

The Company of Biologists is delighted to announce that the process of
digital retroconversion of the archives of its journals, Development,
Journal of Cell Science and The Journal of Experimental Biology is making
excellent progress and that access to a hugely enhanced archive for all
the journals will shortly be available entirely free of charge for
everyone irrespective of whether a personal or institutional subscription
is held for current content. This work is being undertaken in conjunction
with HighWire Press and further announcements will be made for each
journal as the content goes live.

The Journal of Experimental Biology

The Journal of Experimental Biology has a very distinguished history
having begun publication in 1923 and being responsible for publishing very
many classic papers on all aspects of the physiology of living organisms.
We are delighted to announce that all of the volumes and issues going all
the way back to Volume 1, Issue 1 of 1923 will shortly be available
online. Hitherto we have only had the ability to make the full text of
articles available from 1992 onwards, so the addition of over 82,000 pages
will provide a huge resource for researchers many of whom would have had
no other access to this material.

Journal of Cell Science

Journal of Cell Science began publication under its current title in March
1966 and we will shortly be putting online the retroconverted 100 volumes
published between then and 1992 (from 1992 to the current issue is already
available), thus adding nearly 50,000 pages and ensuring that the entire
archive is online. Prior to being renamed the Journal of Cell Science in
1966, it was published under the title, Quarterly Journal of Microscopical
Science (QJMS) from 1853 to 1965 and we are particularly pleased that we
have been able to track down the vast majority of the journal's issues
from this period of over one hundred years and that they too will shortly
be available online.

Development

Development will shortly see the addition of important archival material
from Volume 99 published in 1987 through to 1992 (as with the other
journals, 1992 onwards is already available). We are also looking to add
material from the journal in its previous incarnation when it was
published under the title, Journal of Embryology and Experimental
Morphology and hope to make future announcements about progress on this
front in due course.

Although there has been a considerable investment on our part in making
this material available, there is no change to the Company of Biologists'
access policies: all material over 6 months' old is available free of
charge to everyone and no subscription is required to view any of the
forthcoming archival content.

If you have any queries either concerning our pricing for 2006 or our
announcement on archival provision, please do not hesitate to contact us at
nick@biologists.com

Nick Birch
Sales and Marketing Manager
The Company of Biologists Limited
Bidder Building
140 Cowley Road
Cambridge CB4 0DL, UK

Tel: +44 1223 426164 ext 221
Fax: +44 1223 423353
web: www.biologists.com
Please note new e-mail: nick@biologists.com

Registered office:
The Company of Biologists Ltd, 140 Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0DL, UK
Company Limited by Guarantee No 51435. Registered Charity No 277992

####