RE: Shrinkwrap/boxtop license in NYT

> Pay attention next time you rip open a cardboard box - you may be
> entering into a contract without realizing it.

This strikes me as a kind of a misleading lede for a story about a
decision concerning shrinkwrap licenses that are actually written on the
_outside_ of the package.  I'm more concerned about license "agreements"
that can only be read once you've broken the shrinkwrap, and that say
you're now (surprise!) bound to their terms by virtue of having broken the
shrinkwrap.

It will be interesting to see what happens if this decision is taken to a
higher court, given the Ninth Circuit's abysmal record on appeal.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries