Re: OA articles in toll access journal: will they be lost ?

Our fulltext resolver (SFX) can not determine which OA articles from a
toll journal are available because an author has paid a fee.

As a matter of fact, it will exclude access to non-subscription titles, as
it will be told "do not show a link" for this journal.  Users will need to
try each article in a non-subscription title by linking to a web presence
and hoping the link works.

Not an elegant solution ... to say the least.

David

David Stern
Director of Science Libraries and Information Services
Kline Science Library
219 Prospect Street
P.O. Box 208111
New Haven, CT  06520-8111