Oxford Journals relaunched: the new Oxford Journals website is nowlive

***Apologies for cross posting***

Oxford Journals relaunched: the new Oxford Journals website is now live

Take a fresh look at Oxford Journals online. The redesigned site, launched
this week, provides improved accessibility, greater efficiency, and - best
of all - an extended wealth of information and services for our readers,
authors, purchasers, and society partners. The project to launch a new
website has been an extensive one. Its first steps involved consolidating
our entire journal collection onto one platform - that of HighWire Press -
and making sure all of our journals offered the same high levels of
service, functionality, and consistent design features. "Ease of use and
accessibility are key to all visitors of the Oxford Journals website",
said Pam Sutherland, Journals IT Director. She continued, "The new website
provides consistent navigation across all pages, making it easier for
users to find relevant articles in one or all of our journals. We involved
a range of our users in the design process, including librarians,
academics, authors and researchers, to ensure that the new site provides
users with the information they need in a way which is easy to use." For
Head of Marketing and Communications, Rachel Goode, the new website
encapsulates the ideals at the heart of the Oxford Journals brand:

"We are part of the largest University Press in the world, and,
principally, our goal is to ensure that the highest quality research
reaches the widest possible audience. "The new website reflects our
established reputation for quality, excellence, and value, and also
demonstrates our commitment to listening and responding to our customers'
needs. And whilst we're proud of what we've achieved the hard work doesn't
stop. Over the coming months we'll be continuing to launch new features,
listen and respond to further feedback, and adapt to new technologies to
make sure the Oxford Journals offering is as innovative as it is top
quality". Visit www.oxfordjournals.org, or contact Mithu Mukherjee for
further information.

For further information please contact:
Mithu Mukherjee
Communications Executive
Oxford Journals
+44 (0) 1865 354471

Notes to Editors:

Oxford University Press (OUP) is the world's largest and most international of university presses. Founded in 1478, it currently publishes more than 4,500 new books a year, has a presence in over fifty countries, and employs some 3,700 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and journals.

Oxford Journals, a Division of OUP, publishes over 180 journals covering a broad range of subject areas, two-thirds of which are published in collaboration with learned societies and other international organisations. The collection contains some of the world's most prestigious titles, including Nucleic Acids Research, JNCI (Journal of the National Cancer Institute), Brain, Human Reproduction, English Historical Review, and the Review of Financial Studies. For further information please visit the Oxford Journals website.

####