Google Print and PA/EPS debate

The UK Publishers Association and EPS (an electronic publishing
consultancy) are canvassing opinions on Google Print. They are staging an
online debate and asked me to write a piece (from the publisher's
standpoint) on the issues arising from the Google Print initiative. I
gather there will be a number of other contributions appearing and more
are invited 'from booksellers, librarians, readers, intermediaries and
other interested and affected parties', but so far mine is the only one to
have issued forth....

http://googledebate.epsltd.com/

I guess my standpoint is pro-Publisher (sort of) but very much in favour
of the Google initiative. This is apparently a minority position (though
Tim O'Reilly has gone public with similar views which have been cited in
this list).

Adam Hodgkin