Re: Project Euclid

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this, David. I think you've raised
some really good points here. There are times, too, when discussion
crosses over from one list to another - the final result may be a
conversation that doesn't entirely make sense if you don't follow all the
lists - you may not even be aware that you're only hearing parts of a
conversation.

Then, too, some of this discussion is actually important - not
infrequently the case on Liblicense. It will be important to preserve
entire lists - in context, which means their interrelationships with other
lists (and blogs, etc.). I can see this becoming one of the areas of
responsibility for libraries. If anyone is worried that libraries and
librarians won't have more than enough to do in the open access world,
worry no more!

Has anyone written a summary of the discussion on PAMnet, by the way? I'm very interested, but not sure when I'd have time to follow up on this.

cheers,

Heather Morrison