Re: What should journal publishers do about Katrina-affected areas?

It is quite possible that faculty and students directly affected by
Katrina will be dispersed (physically or through virtual access means) to
academic institutions nation-wide while the clean-up efforts move forward
over the next several months.

One step publishers could take that would be helpful is to extend access
permission (over the short-term) from the license agreements currently
maintained by the host institutions to any of these scholars.

Thank you for asking.

--Scott Wicks