Revision of the Liblicense Web Site

Dear Readers:  As you probably know, the Liblicense web site is at:

<http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense>

This fall we will begin another major revision to its content.  As we
proceed, we are likely to come back to this list and ask for specific
kinds of information about additions to the various links (model licenses,
national licenses, bibliography, etc.).

Now, here's our first question:  There is a link called "Publishers'
Licenses." Unlike the other links, this one has not been updated since
about 2000.  The reason is that at that point many licenses became
available on line and we weren't certain which ones to include, which not
to include.  We could aim for some kind of comprehensiveness but that
might be impossible.  We could aim for "major licenses" for most commonly
held resources but which would they be? And so on.  So we decided to
wait...

At this point, I have a research assistant who can work on updating, and
so we need our readers' and users' advice.  Is there value in aggregating
links to publishers' licenses?  If so, what kinds (a representative
sampling perhaps?) and which ones would be most useful.  Should we delete
this link?  Is there another easily accessible, for free site that
captures this information?

Your input is very much welcomed.  Thank you, Ann Okerson