Re: Digitised backfile directory?

There are many publishers who offer backfiles but I do not know if a
comprehensive directory exists. There is one directory that comes to my
mind: Highwire journals backfiles @
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

These are all free :)

Andrea Imre
Electronic Resources Librarian
Southern Illinois University Carbondale

At 03:40 PM 8/18/2005 -0400, you wrote:
Can any member of the list tell me whether there is a directory (or any
other information source) that gives information about what digital
backfiles of journals are now available - including information about
whether any of these are available at no cost.

Also (and I suspect this is less likely to exist) has anyone pulled
together information on how many linear metres each printed journal
takes up on the shelf?

Hazel

Dr Hazel Woodward
University Librarian & Director of Cranfield University Press
Cranfield University
Email: h.woodward@cranfield.ac.uk