JSTOR ILL rights

The OHSU Library has off-campus storage for older titles some of which are
in a JSTOR collection.  We have agreements within our consortium to
provide ILL via Ariel.  The JSTOR license only permits printing articles
and then mailing or faxing to the requesting library and does not allow
Ariel or secure electronic transmission.

Therefore, if we want to comply with our Consortial agreements, we need to
go off campus, photocopy the article and then send it via Ariel since we
do not have permission to print a copy from the electronic format, scan
and send via Ariel.

JSTOR titles are a very important archival resources.  I would like the
license changed to allow secure electronic transmission using the
electronic version.  Do others see this current policy as a problem?

Diane

Diane Carroll, Ph.D
Collection Development Librarian
Oregon Health & Science University Library
Portland, Oregon 97207-05738
carroldi@ohsu.edu
503 494-6659 (phone)
503 494-3227 (fax)