Elsevier journal switches a journal to OA

Of probable interest to the list:

from http://theory.csail.mit.edu/~iandc/

Information and Computation

An International Journal

The Editorial Board and Publisher of Information and Computation are
pleased to announce that for one year, effective immediately, online
access to all journal issues back to 1995 will be available without
charge. This includes unrestricted downloading of articles in pdf format.
Retrieval traffic during the open access period will be considered as
future subscription policies are formulated.

Journal articles may be obtained on Elsevier's Sciencedirect at

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/08905401
Albert R. Meyer, Editor-in-Chief, MIT Computer Science & AI Laboratory
Chris Leonard, Publishing Editor, Elsevier
Moshe Vardi, Rice University, I&C Editorial Board
-August 12, 2005
http://theory.csail.mit.edu/~iandc/

Though I am not sure what is the meaning of:

>   "Retrieval traffic during the open access period will be considered as
> future subscription policies are formulated."

I hope it means that if they see increased usage, which is certainly to be
expected, they will continue the policy.

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University
dgoodman@liu.edu