Fuding OA

Everybody seems to agree that the key component of progress on OA is
funding. I have largely been an observer on the this issue, so forgive any
repetition.  It seems to me that a first step is to describe the flow of
money at the current time and ask how it might be re-routed or modified to
provide better access.  Again, apologies if this has already be discussed
but two questions that seem to be relevant:

1. Is there information on how much NIH grant money goes for publication:
page charges, subscriptions, etc.?

2. What is the additional cost of printing a journal where the articles
are already online, in pdfs or whatever?

Richard D. Feinman
Department of Biochemistry
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Brooklyn, NY 11203