Cambridge University Press launch NEW Cambridge Journals Online (CJO) website

With apologies for cross-posting

2nd August 2005, Cambridge, England, UK and New York, NY, USA

A completely new Cambridge Journals Online (CJO) will be launched on 8th
August 2005

In keeping with our ongoing commitment to provide the highest standards of
service to the academic community, Cambridge University Press is pleased
to announce a completely new journal hosting platform. The new site will
provide increased capacity and improved performance compared to the
previous version, supporting our provision of the best and latest research
to all users worldwide.

The new site provides powerful new features for both content-users and
librarians:

* High capacity and performance
* Flexibility to enable rapid development in response to your needs
* Clear, clean look and feel
* New information displays
* New account management and administration features
* New, powerful search functions
* New IP management functions
* New FAQs and Help
* Full ATHENS compliance
* OAI PMH compatibility
* Atom and RSS feeds
* Article citation downloads
* Next issue publication dates
* Open URL enabled
* Greater range of trial samples and free offers

All existing URL links into CJO will be maintained and will be fully
operational

All users please note:

To perform this upgrade we will be temporarily interrupting our service to
all CJO users. We will be taking the site offline at 12.00 midnight BST
(British Summer Time) on the 7th August 2005 until 9.00am BST on the 8th
August. In U.S. EDT (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) the site will be
offline from 7pm on the 6th August until 4 am on the 7th August. We will
make every effort to complete the upgrade as quickly as possible and we
will bring the new site online as soon as the migration of content and
related data is completed. We apologize for the loss of service during
this process and we hope that the new platform will more than compensate
for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the migration process or
the new platform please contact: journals@cambridge.org

Thank you.

Susan Soule
Journals Marketing Manager