e-docs at Amazon

I just noticed this at Amazon.com

"We carry more than one million digital documents, including journal
articles, academic research, and industry analysis. Most e-Docs are
delivered to your Digital Locker immediately upon purchase."

I was particularly interested in the "journal articles" component so went
looking. There is substantial journal content, including such standard
titles as the American Journal of Agricultural Economics. What I also
found interesting is that the articles are being distributed (in html) by
Thomson Gale. The University of Nebraska Press' title Legacy: A Journal of
American Women Writers has some articles available. In fact, a wide range
of titles seem to be covered including such freely available titles as
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly.

Article downloads seemed to cost $5.95. Though there may be more expensive
articles, I didn't notice any while I was browsing.

You have to select e-books & Docs as a category to restrict your search to
e-deliverables.

Comments from Thomson-Gale, Amazon, or from any publishers participating
would be very welcome. I'd be interested in knowing how long its been
available (the journal content) and how well its being accepted. And of
course I guess I'm interested in any publishers who are providing public
distribution rights to third parties--what kinds of author agreements,
etc. have to exist to support such distribution.

(nope not articles I've written are in the Amazon/Thomson/Gale files..)

Thanks

Chuck Hamaker
Associate University Librarian Collections and Technical Services
Atkins Library
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28223
phone 704 687-2825