PC Magazine opinion column on Creative Commons license

"Will someone explain to me the benefits of a trendy system developed by
Professor Lawrence Lessig of Stanford? Dubbed Creative Commons, this
system is some sort of secondary copyright license that, as far as I can
tell, does absolutely nothing but threaten the already tenuous "fair use"
provisos of existing copyright law. This is one of the dumbest initiatives
ever put forth by the tech community. I mean seriously dumb. Eye-rolling
dumb on the same scale as believing the Emperor is wearing fabulous new
clothes."

More at:

Bernie Sloan
Senior Information Systems Consultant
Consortium of Academic & Research Libraries in Illinois
Phone: (217) 333-4895
Fax:   (217) 265-0454
E-mail: bernies@uillinois.edu