Re: Elsevier Journal Pricing for 2006

Could someone from Reed Elsevier please explain what's up with the Lexis
accounts? Just how bad was the security breach?  Why is everyone being
required to reset their account? And is it true all of the academic users
are being blocked from access until they go through a set of screens
setting up a new account, which I understand can include new terms and
conditions?

Sam Trosow
University of Western Ontario

"Menefee, Daviess (ELS)" wrote:

> The following letter has been mailed to all Elsevier customers.
> Daviess Menefee
> Library Relations
> Elsevier
>
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> Each year, I set out to meet with many of our customers around the world.
> Throughout these meetings, I am continually impressed by the commitment of
> librarians to improve and support the advancement of science, scholarship,
> and medicine. In candid discussions, I have heard first hand, about budget
> pressures and the need for flexibility in a landscape where technologies
> and policies are changing rapidly. In facing these challenges, we
> recognize that Elsevier has not always been the perfect business partner,
> but we are increasing our efforts to improve.

[SNIP]