Deadline Extension: Project MUSE Functionality Study

Apologies for Cross Posting

Dear Colleagues and Customers,

Many thanks to the more than 300 librarians worldwide who have responded
to the Project MUSE survey about functionality, interface, and navigation.
Your input has been invaluable.

Recognizing that June is a busy time of year for librarians, we have
extended the deadline for the functionality study to June 30.

The invitation with the revised deadline follows:

Project MUSE (http://muse.jhu.edu), a collection of 270 peer-reviewed
journals in the humanities and social sciences from nearly 60
not-for-profit publishers, invites your participation in a web-based
survey on enhancing our functionality, interface, and navigation for our
users worldwide. The survey web site is http://muse.jhu.edu/survey.

If you have a library-world related blog, please feel free to cross link
to this survey.

Please complete the survey by Thursday, June 30, 2005.

We are sending invitations to our nearly 1200 Project MUSE subscribing
libraries throughout the world, but we also invite experts, colleagues,
and prospective customers to respond. Multiple responses from individuals
in differing roles and at the same library are welcome, since one
individual may not be the best person to respond to every question.

The survey will take 15 to 30 minutes. You may work on the survey in
several sessions.  It will save your place if you wish to exit and return,
provided no one else accesses the survey from the same browser.

Those who complete the survey and include an email address will be entered
into a drawing for five gift certificates of $50 each to Amazon.com.

For academic libraries in the United States, the survey will ask for
your institution's Carnegie Classification.  If you would like to look
it up before beginning, please follow this link:
http://www.carnegiefoundation.org/Classification/

(International, public, and special libraries will not be asked for a
Carnegie Classification.)

If your library does not subscribe to Project MUSE, sample journal issues
and more information about Project MUSE may be accessed online at
http://muse.jhu.edu. The search function may be used, and tables of
contents and abstracts viewed without a subscription.

Trial access to the entire Project MUSE database may be requested for
media review and for prospective subscribers by completing the trial
request form at http://tools.muse.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/trial_access.cgi

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Aileen M. McHugh
Director, Project MUSE
The Johns Hopkins University Press
2715 N. Charles Street